Home » Labor Log

Labor Log

1. Assignment: Formal Letter of Introduction
  • Component: Final Letter
  • Date: 1/30
  • Details: Never wrote a formal letter of introduction so it felt forced. I was able to understand what was asked of me and wrote something I believed best reflected me and also was formal. I didn’t miss any components but I had simple grammar mistakes. 
  • For Next Assignment: Make sure to check the grammar more than once. 

2. Assignment: Product Review 

• Component: First Draft 
  • Date: 2/4
  • Details: I learned the benefits of writing a first draft because after I finished writing it and reading it for the first time I encountered many errors. I struggled to figure out how to evaluate the product as I never had written a review for a product before.
  • For Next Assignment: Make sure that the criteria make sense for the product. 

3. Assignment: Product Review

• Component: Final
  • Date: 2/10
  • Details: Finalizing this assignment wasn’t difficult considering that the first draft was pretty well done. 
  • For Next Assignment:

4. Assignment: Lab Report Analysis 

• Component: Lab Report Research 
  • Date: 2/15
  • Details: Learned how to find good lab reports that followed the lab report component outline
  • For Next Assignment:

5. Assignment: Lab Report Analysis 

• Component: Best Draft
  • Date: 2/27
  • Details: Using the Outline I found it easy to create the essay as I basically had it written I just had to fill in some details. I wasn’t very analytical in the essay and that was what it was mainly about. 
  • For Next Assignment: Make sure I answer the prompt and not stray away.

6. Assignment: Lab Report Analysis 

• Component: Revised Draft 
  • Date: 3/8
  • Details: There were many things to fix and I had to find a way to be analytical and not repetitive. Found it easy to directly use the information I was given back directly on the paper. 
  • For Next Assignment: 

7. Assignment: Technical Description 

• Component: Best Outline
  • Date: 3/15
  • Details: I found an item that I wanted to break down and did exactly that. Took the item apart piece by piece and examined it all. Making the outline made it easier to figure out how to break down the item and its parts and subparts. 
  • For Next Assignment: Make sure to follow the outline as it is the best way to succeed in the assignment and overall technical description of the item. 

8. Assignment: Technical Description 

• Component: Best Draft
  • Date: 3/22
  • Details: After writing the outline, writing this was very easy as all I had to do was fill in all the blanks I left on the outline. 
  • For Next Assignment: It is always easy to improve writing and after this is revised I will make all necessary adjustments. 

9. Assignment: Technical Description 

• Component: Revised Draft
  • Date: 4/3
  • Details: After checking where I can improve my writing I took most of the criticism to create a greater Technical Description. 
  • For Next Assignment: